Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God's Perfect Gift

Christmas will be here soon. It is before Thanksgiving, but we already have our tree up. Your brother was sick last week. On the fifth day of his illness, he asked if we could put up the tree. I gave in. I really don't mind. Christmas comes and goes too fast.
As I was thinking about you today, I was thinking about the fact that Jesus came to earth in the form of a baby. An innocent, helpless, and vulnerable child. It never ceases to amaze me that God chose this form. He could have come in the form of a majestic King on His white steed. He could have come as God Himself, with all His power and glory. He could have come as a mighty warrior with sword drawn. He came as none of those, but came in the form of a percious gift. The most perfect gift, a child.

All children are a gift from God. You will be one of the greatest gifts that we ever receive. I know it is not likely, but I wish God would send you, our perfect gift, to us by next Christmas.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment