Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut

You all remember the jingle, "sometimes  you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"? Not only is this for may favorite candies, but it is also true of life. One day we move in God's peace and knowing that life is as it should be. All is going well, everyone is happy and healthy. Then there are the "nutty" days. Sometime you feel like you have no control, you wonder about asking yourself, "why am I looking in the fridge for my cell phone"? Tough thing is, on occasion, you might find your cell phone in the fridge.

On days such as these it is comforting to remember who is in control of our lives. We may feel out of control, but God never looses it. I preached this past Sunday from the Lord's Prayer (Matt. 6:9-13). Here are a few observations I made, a paraphrase if you will.

1. God is Supreme
2. Please provide for my needs.
3. Forgive my sins and help me forgive others.
4. All Glory is Yours!

This in a nut shell, no pun intended, is what Jesus is teaching us.
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. But when you do, remember who is always in control and who has the power to change your circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment