Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spiritual Battle

Psalm 37:3-7a "Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act." NLT

This morning God gave me this verse. Whenever we are in the Lord's will and plan for our lives, we can expect to be attacked by our enemy. I have been there since saying yes to the Lord last Friday. Saturday morning I woke up sick and have been sick off and on since. As I was praying this morning I began to question God, I felt clearly that this is an attack because the devil does not want us to save your life. He does not want us to raise you in a Christian home.

Spiritual warfare is a part of the Christian life. The unfortunate thing is, most of us do not know how to properly battle the enemy. I was very anxious last night and that feeling remained this morning. As I walked into the sanctuary to pray and seek the Lord, I felt Him say lay down in my presence. I did and began to find peace in His presence. Fifteen minutes later I woke up :) I had fallen asleep anxious and woke up in peace. I had fallen asleep with questions and woke up knowing God is the answer....I knew that before, but sometimes we have to be reminded.

Jan Beazley, founder of All God's Children Adoptions and author of "The Strength of Mercy", has a whole chapter devoted to their spiritual battle experiences. In this she reminds of God's protection by highlighting two verses.

Ephesians 6:11-12 "Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Luke 10:19 "Behold, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy....nothing will injure you."

Our God is faithful and just, wise and powerful, loving and merciful. He loves you more than your mom and I will ever be able to. You are worth fighting for; God's words and dads. When you are placed in our arms 2 or 3 or even 4 years from now, all the battles will be worth it. Mom fought the physical battle for our first two children, perhaps God is allowing me to fight this one for you.

Love Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment