Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Despicable Me

Soon the movie "Despicable Me" will be released to DVD. What an awesome story for kids.

"I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob" Larry the Cucumber.

My kids loved the movie. As we set in the darkness of the movie theater, I began to wonder if it would prove to be yet another movie putting adoption into a negative light. Gru, the main character, strives to be the most evil scientist there is. In order to accomplish his plan, he decides to adopt three beautiful little girls. They just happen to be the best sales girls for their girl scout like club. In the end, the girls hearts are changed as love begins to grow. Gru also changes, moving from hard hearted evil doer, to a loving and caring father. His focus changes from himself to his beautiful little girls. His priorities are turned right side up.

You may not be an evil scientist, but your life can be changed. Our lives will soon be changed like Gru's. Yes, trials will come, but we will face them as a loving family. We have one advantage that Gru and his girls did not have. We have the love of Jesus Christ guiding us and leading us every step of the way.

I can't wait to show you our adopted child "Despicable Me" and more importantly the love of Jesus. I bet your life will be changed too.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment