Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall, the Season of Hope

I know that most people would consider Spring the season of hope. That may be true also. For me fall is always a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the holiday season that is ahead. I am one of those crazy people that starts listening to Christmas music in Oct...in preparation for church Christmas programs. I listen to it all the time once the first of November comes.

I believe that fall is the most beautiful time of year. The vivid colors that all come from the same color...green. Purples, reds, oranges, yellows, and browns spread their beauty like a carpet. The crisp breeze that comes as the weather begins to change makes me want pumpkin spice and peppermint coffees. I look forward to spending time with friends and family around one table.

I don't know what the fall season is like in the Philippines or if you even have one. You will love this time of year. I can't wait for your first fall, your first Thanksgiving, and your first Christmas as our newest little one. As the leaves change and fall from the trees a renewed awareness comes; if God is in control of the seasons then He must be in complete control of our lives. I can't wait to share the beauty of our fall with you!

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment