Last week Jenna and I received a file on a little special needs girl. She turned 6 yesterday. She is beautiful but has some possible health issues that we had to navigate through. We spoke with three doctors. Each gave us their opinion. I am happy to say with each question to the Philippines came a response that put her health into a better light. So with two days to spare before the deadline we have decided to move ahead with her adoption. Our paperwork still needs to be approved as does the specific child. We are believing for God's will to be done in this phase of the process. If it is not His will then we pray the government blocks it in some way. If it is His will we could be welcoming a beautiful 6 year old to our home in a few short months.
Oh how much to do. We need to raise an additional $2,100 for the adoption plus $4,000+ for travel expenses. We have to rearrange Natlalie's room to make way for bunk beds, buy clothes, medicines, luggage, etc...etc...etc.
At the beginning of the process it all looked rather daunting. Now we can begin to see light at the end of the tunnel. We are being careful not to get too attached to her (if that is possible) just in case it does not work out. But at the same time. Some of the things have to be done just in case we get the call to go to the Philippines.
We have not done a lot of formal fundraising, but God has provided for every expense. I am sure he will continue to do so. If you are reading this and would like to help us bring our child home, please make a comment here and I will tell you how you can help.
Thanks to all who have continued to pray for us during this journey. We need it now more than ever.
The Journey Continues!