Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lessons From Veggie Tales

Well we are waiting again. The holding pattern is becoming the pattern of our lives. We pray for miracles during this time. First and foremost, we ask that you pray for quick approval from the Filipino government...they are noted to be very, very slow (I typed that slowly for emphasis).

Since our God is bigger than the boogie man, Godzilla, or the monsters on TV (thanks Veggie Tales) then He is also big enough to watch out for you and me (sorry, I could not resist). My prayer is that we will be able to go to the Philippines before Christmas...that's right Christmas 2011. That would be a miracle of God just to get everything completed and approved. But how cool would it be to have our new daughter home to spend my favorite time of year with us. We could have no greater gift.

"We have what you need at the Stuff Mart. All you need is lots more stuff." Sing it with me :)
In all honesty we don't need a lot more stuff, but we do need to finish raising money. Our final and largest check is due when we get the ok from the Philippines. That could be today or two months from now. We just don't know. Since we don't, we have to have the money in the bank ready to go. If you have been led to give and have been waiting until the adoption was closer, this is your time. Send checks to: Mission 1:27, PO Box 99086, Louisville, KY 40269. Donations are tax deductible. We need to raise about $6,000.

As I close out today's blog, I feel led to type/sing one more thing. It expresses how we feel about our God, His provision, and our friends.

"I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!

For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
Thats an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!"

Thanks to all those who have helped or will help bring our child home!
Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment