Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

John the Beloved

There is a song written by Kari Jobe that I love.
"The more I seek You, the more I find You. The more I find You, the more I love You. I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat. This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand, I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming."

This beautiful song puts a picture of John the beloved laying on the chest of Jesus in my mind. I see him as a young man, maybe only 13 or so, just loving His master. There is nothing improper about his love. It is just the opposite. His love is how we all should feel about the Savior. There should be a deep connection between us. It is a love like a father and a son.

I love it when my kids sit on my lap and lay their not so little heads on me. It is a sign of complete surrender. It is us saying, "I trust you to do what is best. I know you will protect me." When we have a love like this for Christ we will also have a love like this for people. They cannot be separated. You cannot love God and hate people.

I can't wait to sit and have our new little girl on my lap laying her head against me. This child that may not trust anyone in the world, rightfully so, will come to know me as her protector. In that relationship we will also have an open door to connect her to the real love of her life...Jesus. May we always make Him our focus and the center of our lives, our love, and our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment