Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 4, 2010

A Godly Legacy

Last night mom and I went through our phone introduction interview. Our social worker went over the process, the homestudy packet, and any questions that mom and I have. With the completion of this meeting we gained access to the formal application. Being as I am, I had to fill it out last night. Sometime today the application will be submitted, the check will be sent, and we will officially start our journey to bring you into our family.

I have been reading a new book, "Adopted for Life" by Russell Moore. It is one of the best resources I have found to date. The chapter I just finished during my devotion time this morning dealt with the relationship Joseph had with Christ. What an awesome picture of adoption. As I was reading through this chapter I realized again how much I love being a dad. It is one of the most fun things I do and also one of the most scary. No one knows as they raise their children how they will turn out. In this world their are no guarantees. As a Christian father I put my trust in God that each of my kids will turn out great. Each night, while they are asleep, I lay my hands on their little heads and pray over them. I pray for God to keep them safe, help them to grow in the knowledge of Christ, and to never let them turn their backs on God. I pray for their spouses, their children, and I pray that they will grow to be a Godly man and a Godly woman. I have begun to pray the same for you.

My grandfather, your great-grandfather, prayed over his children and their children and their children. God has honored his prayer. All of Grandpa Lewis' descendants are serving the Lord. Though I never knew him, his prayers cover my life and they cover yours. My Grandfather may not have known that the only grandchild he never saw would grow to follow in his footsteps. He never knew that I would one day adopt a child from the Philippines, but his prayers were for all future generations. That includes you. Grandpa had a great knowledge of his adoption in to the family of God. If you turn out to be a little boy, maybe we'll have to name you after him? Though you might not like being named Harry Clifford. :)

Love Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment