Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No Greater Call

In our lives as Christan's there is no greater call than to help those who are unable to help themselves. Widows, orphans, neglected children, hurting families, no matter what the need we are called to reach them with the love of Christ. Many have asked, and many more will ask, why mom and I are willing to endure the strain of bringing a hurting child into our home. The answer is simple, I too was a hurting child and God brought me into his home, cleaned me up, and healed my hurting heart. I am often reminded of the words of the old hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness".

"Great is thy faithfulness, oh God my Father. There is no shadow of turning with thee. Thou changest not they compassions they fail not. As thou hast been, thou forever wily be. Great is they faithfulness, great is thy faithfulness. Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand hath provided. Great is thy faithfulness, dear Lord unto me."

If the words of this song are true, which they are, then God never changes. What he cared for 2,000 years ago he still cares for today. Every orphan, every widow, every neglected child, or every human that does not know Him, He cares for and loves with a never ending love. Yes, there will be challenges when you come into our home, there will be times of frustration as there are with biological children. If God's grace is sufficient to forgive us, it is also sufficient to help us bring you to a place of loving Jesus as much as mom and I do.

We pray for you everyday. My prayer is whatever issues you have will begin to be healed as we move through this process. God can heal your little heart before mom and I ever see you for the first time. God has a plan for your life and in that infinite plan Go has chosen mom and I to play a part.

Love Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment