Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Father's Heart

Psalm 2:7 "The king proclaims the Lord's decree: 'The Lord said to me, 'You are my son. Today I have become your Father.''" NLT

The father's heart is to make sure none are fatherless. In a spiritual sense, it is God's will and desire for all to know and accept Christ as their personal Saviour.

1 Timothy 2:3-4 "This is good and pleases God our Saviour, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth." NLT

In a physical sense, it is also God's desire to protect and care for the fatherless. In the Old Testament guidelines were put in place by God to protect the widow and the orphan. James tells us that true righteousness before God is their care. It is my joy, hope, and privilege to proclaim you my child...whoever you turn out to be. God the Father knows your needs and cares for you. Since the beginning of time He has had in mind the day that mommy and I will claim you as our own. It is His divine will, it is His divine plan.

May the Father's heart comfort you. You do not even know yet that there is a mom and dad thousands of miles of way signing papers, raising money, and praying so that you will become our child. One day very soon I will be your father.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment