Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Prayer

I have always loved the song titled "The Prayer". It is a beautiful song of inspiration and faith. I recently saw the music video performed by Yolanda Adams and Donnie McClurkin (it is posted at the side). Through moving images the story is told of children seeking safety. This is a wonderful picture of an orphans life.

As I was reading in my Bible the other night, I was drawn to the 43rd chapter of Isaiah. This portion of scripture relates God's answer to "The Prayer".

Isaiah 43:1-4 But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia[a] and Seba in your place. Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you.

God has given us the assurance that no matter what our situation He is with us. He will bring us through the trials of this life. What if we also read this scripture as a command from God? That we should seek to help those in need, to help bring them through the fire. These verses are my prayer for you! God is sufficient but He also uses human hands to perform great miracles. I with God will hold you in times of trial. With God I will go with you through the fire. With God I will ransom you from your situation and bring you freedom through Jesus Christ. Both in teaching you about Jesus' love for you and bringing you into our forever family. This is my prayer for you.

Love Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment